IA has made available for selection 10 topics for a PhD with us, through the La Caixa INPhINIT Fellowships Programme. The 2022 call offers 35 PhD fellowships for early-stage researchers of any nationality to pursue their PhD studies in excellent research centres.
Please find IA topics at “search for a position“, with the following parameters: COUNTRY = Portugal + HOST ORGANIZATION = IASTRO.
These are (see the IA page for details):
- Astrophysical and cosmological applications of modified theories of gravity
- Changing times – a window to planetary systems
- Exploring Supermassive Black Holes at the heyday of galaxy evolution
- Formation and evolution of H-alpha solar filaments and their influence in the CME
- Galaxy evolution on the MOONS
- Mapping the clouds in exoplanetary atmospheres
- New insights into stellar physics from the NASA-TESS survey on A-type stars
- Optimization of ELT-HIRES Fundamental Physics Tests
- SPIRou data as a window into the magnetic environment around YSO’s
- Unveiling terrestrial impact craters through machine learning classifiers