In order to submit an application, for a specific call, the following documents are required:
- Presentation letter (up to 2 pages) indicating the motivation and expectations of the candidate;
- Academic and scientific curriculum (up to 4 pages);
- Copies of the degree certificates and complete list of curricular units and marks obtained in these (a description of the marking scale is required as well as the percentile of the global classification, if available);
- A minimum of two reference letters (to be sent to the Program Director by email);
- The contact details for up to 3 referees (to be contacted by email and/or phone), that will be available to provide additional information on request. This list may include the referees providing the letters.
The application must be sent, as PDF file(s), to the Programme Director (please, make sure you include in the subject of the email the text “PhD::SPACE Application”). An email confirming receipt of the application, when complete, will be issued in due course.
After selection and in order to be possible for the candidate to sign a fellowship contract with FCT, the following documents will be required:
- The FCT form filled and signed;
- Authenticated copies of the degree certificates;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- PhD Work Plan;
- Statement of acceptance by the advisor(s);
- Statement of acceptance by the host institution(s);
- Confirmation of registration in one of the supporting PhD Degrees;
- Confirmation by the fellow of her/his full-time status during the period of the fellowship;
- Copy of the passport (or identification card) and the fiscal number.